PDA

View Full Version : 83 honda 250r big bore kit needed....

Nevois
08-24-2009, 05:13 PM
im wanting to do a big bore on my 250r... 300 or 310 either or will do... whatever i can get do get it done the fastest/cheapest i can... so let me know if any body has anything layin around... Wantin to get the jug and all but watever i can get i get.... will also buy a running 83 complete for the right deal... Please just let me know....
If anybody has any different ideas and info... im all ears... let me know your opinions on wat i should do... Doing a conversion was an idea.... Any input will help

i just want somethin to smoke my buddys cr250r he thinks is so great.... hahaha :crazy:

TRIKES FOREVER:TrikesOwn

fabiodriven
08-24-2009, 05:42 PM
i just want somethin to smoke my buddys cr250r he thinks is so great.... hahaha :crazy:

Buy a Tecate!

You probly should've put this in the classifieds.

Nevois
08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
thanks for your opinion... But Kawisucki's aint worth my time.... thanks anyway
:lol:

Lukeatc185
08-24-2009, 06:14 PM
the tecate was kawis awnser to the 250r. and they won many times. true kawi never made as many good models of the trike as honda. but the tecate is a mean machine nevois. even more so then the 250r.

Nevois
08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Wasnt sayin it didnt have good features.... havnt seen many of them and parts seem harder to find.... but the 250r with a big bore will give it hell.... that and honda seemed to have a better system goin all together... IMO...

MagicJames
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Lighter tires might help you smoke that CR250 too!

JasonB
08-25-2009, 12:41 AM
do you now. well, Im a big fan of big bore 83/84's. I have a big bored sleeved 250r cylinder I could sell you, as well as offer a new piston and the rod or correct sized rod as a kit sale. up to you depending on what you want to do and how you plan to build it/have someone else build it for you.

I have a honda line 300 kit on my 83, its been sleeved/bored/honed etc. Your big issues are going to involve the thickness of the base gasket and the length of your rod.

I have an extra 83 head, its bored out to ~298cc from a 250cc stock head. It been ported extensively from stock exhaust and intake sizes. I dont need it anymore, pm or post up what you want but I think we could get you the head/rod/piston/base gasket for a good price. I have run a few big bore 300 kits on my 83, they run hard as long as they are jetted right! seriously thats one of the only things I have had issues with is jetting on these air cooled bikes, other wise they run like champs