PDA

View Full Version : 83 250r PROBLEMS

Nevois
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I cant get the bolt out the swing arm.... iv tried alot but figured somebody has found an easier way to this maddness..... if somebody could let me know the best way to unseiz my swing arm... id appreciate it.... thanks

ForeverThreeWhe
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
If you look at what i said in my reply bro you'll realise that this is a common problem

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=101599

Unfortunetly theres no easy way out. I think that the swingarm bolt removal is a "By Any Means Possible" situation. My Dad does the majority of the work on my trike and he couldnt believe how rediculously seized my bolt was. 2 days of rotating, soaking and extreme beating before mine gave way.

Xhumeka
08-21-2009, 03:23 PM
It can be a major hassle to say the least... I had to sawzall mine out - luckily I had another swingarm/pivot bolt to use for my rebuild... otherwise I would have had to use a press to get the sized bolt parts out of the swingarm :/

RodKnockRacing
08-21-2009, 04:13 PM
thats funny cause i had no issues with my swingarm bolt what so ever

Xhumeka
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
thats funny cause i had no issues with my swingarm bolt what so ever

You are very lucky then - most people ignore maintenance on their bolts and leave them in there rusting away for decades at a time!

Now that I have a fresh rebuild, I plan on removing and lubing that sucker yearly! I also heard from someone on these forums a great tip - tap a lube nipple onto the swingarm so that you can keep it nice and greasy without needing to remove it!