PDA

View Full Version : Last Yr. Atc can register in NY???

nitekrawler
07-30-2003, 02:11 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=65581#65581
I posted this on the other thread with no response. I wanted some feed back, don't shoot me for double posting ;)
There is talk, this is the last year you can register a Atc and ride in NY state. Anyone hear this? I am not in NY, but worried other states could follow :twisted:

Dynofox
07-30-2003, 06:52 PM
I haven't heard anything about this. Currently I have 2 trikes registered and insured. There is no way they can ban you from riding a trike.

nitekrawler
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Thats what they thought when the helmet law went into affect :shock:
They are trying to get something going with the jet ski's too in Ca for awhile now. You never know!

350x'inNY
07-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Where did you hear this news??? I just renewed my registration for my NY tags and got a quote for insurance... $75 for the year for my ATC350X and my LT-4WD. The ATC was half the price of the four wheeler! Niether DMV nor the insurance said a word about that. I have never insured since I mainly ride only on my own land. 'Bout only time you need to insure is when you ride on State lands or riding parks. I got tags so that my VIN's are registered with the State for ownership purposes.

Let me know if you find any info about this, but I doubt if it's true. There are a number of ATV riding clubs and I have not heard or read anything in the paper about this.

Thanks,
Bruce

MR ATC
07-30-2003, 08:15 PM
LMFAO...register my trikes or i can't ride... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in 22 yrs i've never registerd my trikes.

nitekrawler
07-30-2003, 08:37 PM
LMFAO...register my trikes or i can't ride... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in 22 yrs i've never registerd my trikes.

No. What the guy said, was both :shock: You can't reg NOR ride after next year. Who knows, just posting what someone has posted in another forum. Thought maybe someone has news on it

ATC crazy
07-30-2003, 08:41 PM
I think that's BS. None of my rides has ever been registered and there aint no way that they're going to stop me from riding on my land.

REDMAN225
07-30-2003, 09:07 PM
i recently registered mine just as if i were registering an atv.

MR ATC
07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
No. What the guy said, was both :shock: You can't reg NOR ride after next year. Who knows, just posting what someone has posted in another forum. Thought maybe someone has news on it

well when they outlaw trikes only outlaws will ride trikes...let them chase me

DISCLAIMER...do not do this at home kids. the veiws expressed by MR ATC do not represent 3wheelerworld.com nor do they represent Honda's policy on why they built ATC's. I do not condone this kind of action. all acts are executed by a profesional ATC rider on a open course of public roadways and not under controlled conditions. if you attempt this stunt you can become seriously injured or killed. worse yet you could end up in jail if you fail. remember ATC's are not to be operated on pubic roads or in anyway as such a public protector of the people should be in any danger or harms way.

YEAH OUTLAW trikes in N.Y.S. my trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro i play with the police. let them tell me i can't ride. these local roscoe p. coletrain wannabe's have been chasing me for 20yrs. the closest anyone of them came to catching me was..............NEVER.

final disclaimer, i do not go looking for trouble but sometimes you must ride the road from one trail to the other.