PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to have a 3 wheeler registered to ride in PA?

coop
08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
A group of my buddies are going to the Majestic trails in PA but I wasn't sure if I had to get my 3wheeler registered or if it was even possible to do so. I live in New York and you can't register them or ride them on public trails. If anyone knows the regulations please let me know. Thanks!

deathman53
08-12-2009, 01:52 PM
you can register them in NY. Majestic's website says registration is required, don't know if it enforced or not. Members on this site are reg/ins in NY.

Dirtcrasher
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
DEEPA went down there a couple months ago, pulled over for a game warden (or some law official) and I believe he got about a 250$ ticket.

So, I'd say YES, you had better be registered.......

coop
08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I didn't know that you could register them in NY I thought they were outlawed. Thanks for the info I'll have to check into it at DMV. Thanks!

dz
08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
I have a quad thats registered. I know for trial pass which I think may be required for the place in the poconos specifically states no 3 wheeled or 5 wheeled vehicles. You would have to check out the trail pass website though.

iamlunchbox
08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I have 3 trikes that are registered in Pa. Just went to the notary, filled out some paperwork and left with tags on the back.

atvnut
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Majestic is on PRIVATE PROPERTY.....You will not be bothered by any law enforcement there...I have been a member for 5+ years....never seen any law enforcemeny/rangers/dnr there....You can do a non-resident registration at any atv shop in pa....I believe its $20 for 2 years...Then you could ride anywhere in pa...