PDA

View Full Version : Kerker

2hundredx
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok i am getting a full kerker exhaust for my 200x (thanks to dz). From the few things ive heard, i hear that they are pretty decent pipes for the 200x. Do you guys have any comments about them? thanks, collin

AutoXer
08-12-2009, 02:13 AM
They sound amazing

2hundredx
08-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Great. I hope they do! How about performancewise?

Yamaha_Rules69
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Basically any aftermarket pipe will improve the overall performance of the 200x. The stock head pipe was much skinnier, and the muffler made it really restrictive, and very quiet. You will definatly notice some changes in power delivery right off the bat. One thing to keep in mind is the jetting, as you may or may not have to go up a jet size. I piped my auto x with a bassani, and no jet changes were necessary, and noticable power was present. Another one got a super trapp, and that one needed some fine tuning to make it run smooth. If you remove the air box lid to give the intake a little better flow with the pipe, you will likely have to re-jet. Just put the pipe on, ride it for a couple minutes, and check the plug. Remember, it should be a light brown to run peak, black is rich (but probly ok) and you dont want to see white (lean condition, hurts motor) Good luck!

2hundredx
08-12-2009, 01:53 PM
ok cool thanks