PDA

View Full Version : 83 250r atc rear brakes(need help)

charles702
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
hi everyone i just bought a 83 250r atc today for 200 dollars bike rus good and looks good the only thing wrong is that it does not have rear braking system.i looked on ebay but there is no braking system available for 83/84 250r atc. my qestion is can i use rear braking system from ether a newer model or older model? any help would be appreciated thanks charles from lasvegas.

xbenzx
08-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I went through this with my bike. I have a 1984 250r. You can in no way shape or form use an 82 caliper on your bike. You have to get a 1983 or 1984 rear caliper. i had a hell of time trying to get one. I finally found an 83 rear caliper and master cylinder and brake lines!! for the low price of $49.00. I found them on ebay. Don't listen to them idiots when they say you can use a kawasaki kx 80 caliper on your bike. NO DAMN WAY . Talk about mickey mouse. Remember the mounting holes are 57mm apart on your bike, GO CHECK! . When you buy on ebay always confirm this. I had a guy telling me he had a 250r caliper but the measurements were way off. So nope the part was wrong.

Charles. I'll tell you a trick i know. Go to www.hondapartspitstop.com look at your OEM parts for you bike. Look at the part numbers if they match other years bike then you know what parts will work off other bikes.