PDA

View Full Version : Great day of riding almost ended in a total loss

85_250_SX
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
The day was perfect sunny partly cloudy 90degrees, and not a rain drop in sight, me and my buddy loaded up our toys i have a 1985 250sx,he rides a 1996 KTM 300 pinger trail bike, we were told about a network of trails a housing development was built around,We drove to the spot and unloaded, fired both toys up hit the trails and the riding was awesome its exactly what we have been searching for and the SX came to the rescue on two occasions some kids were riding a go-kart around the father was riding with them one at a time and it stalled would not start i hooked up the SX to the go-kart and pulled them back to camp, in the mean time my buddies KTM fouled out i hooked up the SX to the ktm pulled it back to camp to do a quick plug change 30minutes later we hit the trails again after 5 hours of riding in the heat we called it a day. loaded up the muddy bikes in his Chevy headed to the car wash we washed down our toys my buddy decided to leave the tail gate down to drain the water out of the bed, i pulled out into traffic first with my F250 With the Chevy in tow then i noticed he was no longer behind me after a few minutes i turned around and a mile back i found my sx on the side walk his Chevy had the ramps extended to the road, confused i asked what the hell? the three wheeler was in gear and when he accelerated unloaded its self into traffic a busted front fender, dented up tank and a busted rim later we got it back into the Chevy with the tail gate up took them home if traffic was heavier and closer my three wheeler would have been toast along with a car or two. It was a fun day and glad no one was injured and my SX survived to ride another day!!! Love my HONDA

tulsamike3434
08-09-2009, 07:47 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with your sx! glad you had fun!

mohadib
08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Eh...I would be a bit annoyed at my buddy! Then again this is why I use a strap and shut the tail gate. Srsly though... water drains fine out of my truck with the tail gate up.......................

85_250_SX
08-09-2009, 10:08 PM
i know it was neglect on both parts, tomorrow i am going to take and upload pics of our toys i own a 1985 250sx, 2005 CRF450 with mods, and a multi pieced 3 wheeler looks to be upon further review a TRI Z triple tree welded to a 2001 Suzuki frame and rear end off something it has a wide rear end and the suzuki GS500 engine with 6 speed tranny and my buddies KTM 300, and the damage cause by the dump the bike was in excellent condition until today

250rAL
08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Tie Downs, Tie Downs, Tie Downs!!