PDA

View Full Version : atc70 custom build "Copperhead Road"

jcorkin
08-08-2009, 11:05 PM
So i have 4 70's right now and i have been wanting to build a custom one for awhile now so i started last week by cleaning up a set of forks and sanding down and preping the fiberglass fenders i bought awhile back, took me about 6 hours of work to get them the way i wanted them to be ready for paint, and finally today i got around to painting them, i painted them Go Man Go, a favorite color of mine, anyways i also intend to get either a 125 or 110 motor for her as well as extending the frame a couple of inches and some polished rims and then a couple of other little custom extras for her, i should have the gas tank ready and painted for her this weekend, anyways here are the pics the first 3 are in the sunlight and the other one is in the bedroom in the dark so you can see the change light makes for the paint.

MonroeMike
08-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Looks good.

Kerick
08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Looks good,Nice job!

Harold
08-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Very nice. I wish I had those mad painting skills.

jcorkin
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
havent updated on here on this build in awhile so i figured i would finally give you all an update on it, well i got to work on the gas tank got the dents pulled out of the sides of the tank then started to strip the whole tank down and found a very large dent that had been filled in the top of the tank about 12-14mms deep!!!! so i then had to pull out that dent and fill it, now at the deepest it was probably only about a mm deep, i then painted the tank so now all body parts are painted, picked up a 110 electric start motor for her, polished the triple tree up on her, started welding on the frame, welded the steering stops up a big higher then stock and started preping the frame for a battery box, hopefully next week everything else will be going in to be powder coated so i can finally finish up this project and start on my next custom 70 that i will be building for my niece, i will try and get some more pics of it up tomorrow.

jcorkin
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
couple pics of the triple tree and bar clamps polished up

techmaster330
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
That's looking real good, I especially like the orange plastics.

jcorkin
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
couple of pics of the work done to the gas tank, didnt get any pics of the dent in the very top of the gas tank but oh well you get the idea.

jcorkin
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
a little update, i got all of my parts back from the powder coater and they are looking great, unfortunately one of the rims was bigger than stock so the tire wouldnt work on it, but no worries my new polished wheels and tires will be in next week, got all new bearings in her with new brake pads, motor is mounted up its a 110 fully auto motor, just got to finish up the wiring harness this week, bolt up a couple small things and she should be ready to ride on sunday hopefully if everything goes well, love seeing a project finally come together.

MonroeMike
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Sweet job, so far.

ATCeeya
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
nice fingernail, trike looks good too

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/b8ae1098-57f4-429b-9af7-4f0ab4ce9a34.widec.jpg

jcorkin
10-19-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah thats not my fingernail that is my friends over at the body shop he was helping me out with holding the tank down and all, afterall the navy makes us keep our nails trimmed

ATCeeya
10-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I wouldnt claim that fingernail either