PDA

View Full Version : my score from the Carlisle PA truck show

jason85atc250r
08-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Here are some pics of the the atc 90 i got at the truck show. it has a aftermarket frame and front suspension. The motor is a 155cc big bore and stroker with a Powroll intake and big carb. it has a manaul clutch and aftermarket oil cooler. ther are breathers on the dip stick and vavle cover. price was $100:Bounce

what type of frame is this? Vealmonkey i talked to Blue27 and he said you will get all wound up and have pages of info about it:lol:

It was raced back in the day at grass drags. The i got it from said he seen the guy race it back in the day. At the one race it was wrecked real bad was going that fast got bad front end wobble and crashed it. he got the front suspesion kit after that and the sped wobbles went away.

200xman
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Cool find!!! How was the show? I'm heading out there tomorrow.

shortline10
08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Great old school find , I'd like to see it get restored

AutoXer
08-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I am loving these old school 90's. I went to that truck show when i was in high school had a great time I allways wanted to go back but haven't yet ... maybe one day

chris200x
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice score Jay! I always like those old school little rides.

Ful restore is in order I think?

jason85atc250r
08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Here are some more pics. I have to go back tommorow and get the extra parts that go with it. They would not fit in his truck he brought to much stuff.:lol: he said there are alot of extra motor parts and some are brand new.

Vealmonkey
08-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Let's see, looks like a Pauter frame, that's a vented-extended dipstick, Big Als's I think. Looks like a sl90 engine. I have a front end like that, but so many people sold them, it's hard to say who that one is made by. Very nice find. I wonder what other parts he has. Looks like a grudge race with you and bandito90 real soon!!! I think that's a Posa rear rack too. I wonder what's inside that engine???

bandito90
08-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Jason thats a pretty good score!Great price and lots of cool parts.

Yamada
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I like how the front engine mounts are shaped.

Vealmonkey
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Looking closer and it's hard to see, you have a caliper rear chain tensioner. You have an aftermarket larger intake, but can't make out the name. Also I noticed you have a hi/lo gearbox, so it looks like someone added the sl90 clutch assembly to your atc90 engine. Too bad it isn't the whole sl90 engine to get rid of the darn hi/lo gearbox. Is that going to be a bruces' tomorrow, I am coming up?

mad
08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
im sick that was only 20 min away from me.

SWIGIN
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Looking closer and it's hard to see, you have a caliper rear chain tensioner. You have an aftermarket larger intake, but can't make out the name. Also I noticed you have a hi/lo gearbox, so it looks like someone added the sl90 clutch assembly to your atc90 engine. Too bad it isn't the whole sl90 engine to get rid of the darn hi/lo gearbox. Is that going to be a bruces' tomorrow, I am coming up?

the intake is a powroll with a mikuni carb.

the top triple is different then bruces, this one is hollowed or dished out on top.

Vealmonkey
08-08-2009, 04:11 PM
And you gotta love the fuel gauge!

freaksfix
08-08-2009, 06:05 PM
That is such a sweet score!! I LOVE the old 90/110 race bikes, the old race parts are just freaking awsome.. That took a true die hard triker to race those back in the day, sooo dangerous but FUN!!..

Ive got a few of those vented dipsticks, they are freaken sweet, mine are big als they have bapp stamped on them, the stick it self (when you take it out) has cooling fins on it.. Ive also got the same front fender and six pac rac both NOS.. And a few of those same headlights,, gotta love chrome.. I love seeing a race bike with a cooler rack, means it seen the best of both worlds..

What does your have for a pipe?

Is the valve cap an aftermarket one or is it just a stock one drilled?

Can you get me a pic of how the oil cooler is tapped in to the case, ive seen it done on other 90/110s but it seems like it would get in the way of the exhaust on mine...?

Triple B!
08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm wishing we had been down to that show, would have came home with another addition! (if we beat you to it first, LOL)

That's really cool, and only $100?!?!?!?!?! Very nice dude!

I love how everything is all modded up and different looking- makes you turn you head and go "what is that??" haha.

hondahaulic
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
looks like a great find. I'm a little confused by one thing, it looks like the chain tensioner is on the top side of the chain. Wouldn't it work better on the bottom, so its not being forced up under acceleration?

blue27
08-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Well as I type ,everyone is here and we just got done tearing the motor down, piston seized due to water in the cylinder, but nothing else looks bad. It is a 58mm bore and a 58mm stroke, adj. cam sprocket, brass bushings machined into the head, bigger cam. So I guess it will have to be rebuilt. 58mmm piston looks to be a CB550 piston with some of the dome machined off. Looks to have the head machined for clearence, and one of the other heads is ported.

tulsamike3434
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
You need a 24 pack of 2-ply tolit paper! because that trike is the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!

great score man! hope you have fun with it!

shortline10
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Sounds like a fun motor to rebuild . If I did my math correct your motor is a 153.2 WOW that nice !! If your in need of a cam just let me know I have a few . Also Pics please !!!!!!

ParrotGreenUS90
08-10-2009, 12:04 PM
That motor is identical to mine. I have not seen another 90 with a side cover with no markings on it. You still have the hi lo. Very nice find, just think I was just 8 hours away from it up in Michigan.

jason85atc250r
08-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a fun motor to rebuild . If I did my math correct your motor is a 153.2 WOW that nice !! If your in need of a cam just let me know I have a few . Also Pics please !!!!!!

i was checking the cam from the motor to a extra one that was included. The one from the motor has about a 1/8 or more of lift and a lot more duration.

jason85atc250r
08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
looks like a great find. I'm a little confused by one thing, it looks like the chain tensioner is on the top side of the chain. Wouldn't it work better on the bottom, so its not being forced up under acceleration?

there is a chian tensioner like you see on the top and the bottom.

i have a Bandito frame also at the powder coater that will be done if he remembers to do it. got it on ebay. thats going go go into the yellow 1970 us90 i have a 85 110 motor into it. That will be done 1st.

jason85atc250r
08-10-2009, 08:46 PM
That is such a sweet score!! I LOVE the old 90/110 race bikes, the old race parts are just freaking awsome.. That took a true die hard triker to race those back in the day, sooo dangerous but FUN!!..

Ive got a few of those vented dipsticks, they are freaken sweet, mine are big als they have bapp stamped on them, the stick it self (when you take it out) has cooling fins on it.. Ive also got the same front fender and six pac rac both NOS.. And a few of those same headlights,, gotta love chrome.. I love seeing a race bike with a cooler rack, means it seen the best of both worlds..

What does your have for a pipe?

Is the valve cap an aftermarket one or is it just a stock one drilled?

Can you get me a pic of how the oil cooler is tapped in to the case, ive seen it done on other 90/110s but it seems like it would get in the way of the exhaust on mine...?

The valve cap is a stock one tapped or the fitting. the oil cooler is tapped into the back side of the head. Ther is a aftermarket cover with 2 spots tapped into it.

vealmonkey thinks the pipe is a hooker one. it's missing all the guts. going to get a cobra for it.

Vealmonkey
08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
It's a cool little trike with alot of potential. It wouldn't take much to make it respectable again. I know you have a bunch of stuff that you should be able to make it a runner. Disassemble it, clean it up, edog that frame real nice and clean up some of the rusty areas and a little bit of silver paint and you should be looking pretty respectable. Then take your time and rebuild that engine with a cl90 or sl90 engine and add your internals and have a real hot rod.

ParrotGreenUS90
11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Has there been any updates to this rebuild?

jason85atc250r
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
i have not got around to working on it yet. i want to get the chassis ready 1st and then tackle the motor.

shortline10
03-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Has there been any updates to this rebuild?

Yes we need updates on this:drool:

jason85atc250r
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
i am slacking i still have not done annything to it yet.

krazykane
03-07-2010, 09:19 PM
if you dont want it let me know lol

trizilla
09-23-2012, 08:18 AM
whats left of this old school trike now sits in my garage. the motor has been pulled and sold off along with any of the extra engine parts. the whole rolling chassis is still together and at the point im not sure wether i will part it or try to put it together.

Vealmonkey
09-23-2012, 09:54 AM
So, does this mean you went down to Wayne and Jasons yesterday? At that point you know that you are only about 1.5 hours frome here. I had to work, of course. Wish you would have come down today so I could have brought you a trike or 2 and some parts.

coolpool
09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Willing to part with the six pack rack?

trizilla
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
So, does this mean you went down to Wayne and Jasons yesterday? At that point you know that you are only about 1.5 hours frome here. I had to work, of course. Wish you would have come down today so I could have brought you a trike or 2 and some parts.

jason brought a load of stuff up here... i dont know what im gonna do with the pauter yet, i do have a complete 110 that i can change everything over from.

coolpool, if i decide to part it out i will let you know on the cooler rack.

jsmay
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
well.... if i ever finish all the atc 70 parts for my kids... i'd get into an atc 90.. we could race them at the nyrto races... maybe we could get brian on one of those. He's too damn tall for the 70's!lol