PDA

View Full Version : shift shaft is LOOSE on tri moto

bansheejoel
08-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I just got the tri moto 175 home and noticed the shaft that comes out of the engine that the shifter is on is very LOOSE and leaking oout oil. Is that a easy fix or should i just put a DT175 top end on my 125 engine since i know that is tight and doesnt leak anything........because i dont want to sell a engine that works great and be stuck with a engine i have to dump alot of money into. Is there some kind of a bushing or somthing? thank you

Yamaha_Rules69
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
There is a seal that goes in the hole in the case that the shift shaft runs through to keep it sealed. The shifter is adjusted by tightning or loosening the linkage connected to it. Try adjusting it with a couple wrenches, and see what happens. To take the seal out, you must remove the right side case, and remove the external shift assembly, and pull the shifter out (if the right side) You have to pry or push the seal out. The seal is fairly easy to replace, but it would be better to follow a manual than have me tell you how to do it, just to make sure you get everything right.

bansheejoel
08-07-2009, 03:19 PM
yeah its the actual shift shaft thats loose not the linkage.............

Yamaha_Rules69
08-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Does it shift then or not? Maybe somthing isnt installed correctly under the right side case.......... That is where I would start. Good Luck.