PDA

View Full Version : Anyway I can change...................

short4stuff
07-28-2003, 09:56 PM
My rear brakes on my trike (85 225DR) are (I am not sure what they are called but just use a cable) I want to know if I can change to a 200x set up where it uses fluid ....?????!!!!!

My brakes suck and with a achine like mine you need them!!! :D

ADDED: it is a disc brake

NOS_350X
07-28-2003, 10:24 PM
you have drum brakes and you want to go to disc. Anything is possible but it would probably be extremly difficult

short4stuff
07-28-2003, 10:26 PM
I have a disc brake on my trike now but it is not hydralic (thats what I am asking) Can I switch it I know it will take some work but it could be done right.!

sean8231
07-28-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm not real sure if you can switch to hydrolic brakes, but the rears on the 225dx I had were great.. No problems with them at all, a bit of adjusting to get them just right, and they worked just as good as hydrolic breaks... Mechanical disc is better then drums....

short4stuff
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm not real sure if you can switch to hydrolic brakes, but the rears on the 225dx I had were great.. No problems with them at all, a bit of adjusting to get them just right, and they worked just as good as hydrolic breaks... Mechanical disc is better then drums....

Ya, but I can not get mine right they dont really slow me down until I get them to lock up! which isno good. I will complely disasble them someday and see how much of the pad is left on the left side of the disc.

Howdy
07-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Ya, but I can not get mine right they dont really slow me down until I get them to lock up! which isno good. I will complely disasble them someday and see how much of the pad is left on the left side of the disc.

It might just be a glazed brake disk. Try ruffing it up a little with some emery cloth. New brake pads wouldn't hurt either. My Polaris Trike has the same basic set up and the brakes stop 5 times better than hydralic. Just ask anyone that rode it. ;)

Howdy

ATC crazy
07-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Yes, take some emery cloth and scrub the disk and the pads so they're roughed up a little.

Also, when my uncle rode dirtbikes back in the day (dinosaur days) He would take a pea sized drop of grease and smear it all over the disk in a very very very thin layer. You might think that the pads wouldn't grab....its the exact opposite. You should have the best brakes in the world then. When the drum brakes on my Foreman see grease from the seals, they lock right up

short4stuff
07-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Ok thanks everyone for the help, I got them to work pretty good no, It would of been a pain the in --- to change anyway, Thanks