PDA

View Full Version : I done went colorblind !!!

sandpuppi101
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Welp this is a deffinate change for me,I got burned on getting a really nice '86 350X the other night off of Craigslist and had cash in my pocket ,so would'nt ya know it,i'm shopping arond for a trike as I alway's doo and came across this '83 225 DX.I brought it to the house and with-in 10 minute's I had 3 neighbor's stop by to see if I was feeling ok since I bought a Yamaha.I had to laugh rite along with them about that,and let me tell ya this old girl look's totally out of place with all the other red trike's I have.The old lady as she alway's does came to give it a look over and asked why it was yellow and was amazed herself when she saw it said Yamaha on the side.

Overall the trike has a few issue's and has deffinatly been sitting for awhile but should be fun to poke around on this weekend up north for my ride.IDK,I guess I'll find out ,I just hope it don't leave me stranded.I'm gonna do some searching on this thing and see what I got myself into as far as getting part's.This is the only pic of her sofar ,it's from the add that it was listed under.What's she worth anyway's gang,let's just say that I did'nt spend a ton on her.It run's pretty good but need's a battery,for the e-start,1 tire goes flat after a week or so the guy said the seat has a 2 inch tear in it ,plastic's are in decent shape no crack's,and it shift's really smooth.What's it worth ?? Also who's got one of these,I gotta see some pic's..Oh ' don't you guy's start thinking that i've went to the other side either,but I guess 1 Yellow machine won't hurt ahe' !! :lol:

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/3n03o43p9ZZZZZZZZZ9833ba6f2a0407016.jpg

Threes company
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
So you've gone to the dark side, eh Luke? :naughty: I don't have a DX Sandpuppi so I can't help you with its worth... but I do have a YT sitting in the middle of my garage....... just something to break up all that red, lol. Looks pretty nice , congrats. :beer

mforestfire
08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Roger,

I had seen that same bike on craigslist. ddint buy it because you told me you only work on Honda lol. And we both know.....I suck at fixing stuff.

mark

fabiodriven
08-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Looks real nice, man. I want to get one of those someday myself.

sandpuppi101
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Roger,

I had seen that same bike on craigslist. ddint buy it because you told me you only work on Honda lol. And we both know.....I suck at fixing stuff.

mark

LOL.Glad too see your on the board's Mark...Yeah how ironic me getting this machine ahe' ,I don't know about it yet ,we'll have too see how it goes.I know one thing it sure look's outta place in my shop...

mforestfire
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Well if you need help working on it......call someone else! I was up in Atlanta,mi tearing around on the 185/200 yesterday. It is running awesome.

keister
08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I always thought those would make a nice trail machine. Elect/shaft/reverse, right? Kinda like Yammi's version of the Big Red....

brapp
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
thier good little machines but they sure aint no 250sx i'll tellyou that much!!!!

MonroeMike
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Check Yamada's thread for 225 pics, there's quite a few in there.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=93509

Yamada
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
You are welcome in the Yamaha club if you want to join.:D

I like my 225. It is small, light and powerful enough to have fun.
The 225DX didn't had reverse. But the 225DR does.

dirtface
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice first year 225dx. I have three running ones and a DR that needs some help. It also looks like it has the optional twist throttle, I think it was the only year that they offered both. Good score and they are great little trikes.:Bounce

harryredtrike
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
blaaah blaaahhhhh yellow,go red