PDA

View Full Version : Identity contest? whats it worth?

3wheelintim
08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice to meet you guys this seems like a good forum!

I was hoping one of you yodas of honda 3 wheelers could enlighten me with your opinions.

I sort of got it in trade and I would of gave just about anything t o have it ! It makes me smile -when I look at it I feel like I am 9 again.

I dont know what cc it is , and i beleive that it has been modified the rear end seems very wide.

I am 6'3 275 and I am wordering if the thing can even handle me .

It needs a chain and some good foot pegs they are weak .
It has been sitting for awhile .

Sorry all the questions .lol any help would help!

fabiodriven
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
83-85 200X, and yes, it is widened.:welcome:

3wheelintim
08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
so perty slow huh? dang I was hoping for the 250 r but oh well .

fabiodriven
08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
They're still alot of fun.

seadoo650
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
SOmeone either put the fork tubes backwards or it may have a 350X front on it. The 83-85 200X's had a trailing front axle. And to answer your question, Stock they are ok, even for someone larger, slightly modified, you can have a blast and get alot of power out of it. Heavily modified, it can be some serious fun.

joshco84
08-04-2009, 10:58 PM
i have an 84 that is lightly modded and it is a great trail machine. Good easy riding trike, and reliable as all get out. A little maintanance and they run forever. On regular trail riding i keep up with anything, but on open stuff they beat me up lol.

ATCeeya
08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
looks like its got some spacers on the axle. youll see em if you looks on the backside of the rims.

harryredtrike
08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
she is a 200x 1983-85,seems in decent shape if motor is good and no structual problems,be worth 500.00-1000.00

Tri-ZNate
08-05-2009, 01:50 AM
It might haul better than you think. If you dig deeper past the widened axle and bassani exhaust (It isnt a FMF) you might just find a bigger carb or motor work. It'll bark even if it doesnt have much bite shens

oscarmayer
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
83-85 200x.

oscarmayer
08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
so perty slow huh? dang I was hoping for the 250 r but oh well .

actually you'll be quite supprised. with some tweaks theya re screaming fast!

here's what ya do:
performance cam
performance springs and retainers
hardened rockers
performance valve job (got a palce that for $150 labor will clean, and cnc cut the valves and valve chambers for way better flow)
weisco 12:1 compression piston
mikuni 30mm carb and 30mm intake (make sure you get several sizes of jets so you can tune it)
K&N filter
ebc clutch set and springs
new timing chain and guides
new complete gasket set and complete oil seal set.

that should get you around 18-19.5 hp depending on exhaust system you have and really scream!!! I know I just built 2 of them like this and the guys are still grinning from the performance changes.

brapp
08-05-2009, 11:59 AM
yea it is a 84-85 200x with a few mods, it has wheel spacers and looks liek ofset rims, and no chain ???????? well theya re god machines and can get pertty good power out of them i am 6 foot and 240lbs and they have handled me just fine. just watch your chain adkistment it shoudl be ok .

shortline10
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
SOmeone either put the fork tubes backwards or it may have a 350X front on it. The 83-85 200X's had a trailing front axle. And to answer your question, Stock they are ok, even for someone larger, slightly modified, you can have a blast and get alot of power out of it. Heavily modified, it can be some serious fun.

I was thinking the brakes are not installed on the front so they turned the forks around and gain probably 4 or 5 inches in the over all length of the trike . Probably handle a bit better ????

oscarmayer
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
does it hurt to turn them around? one can always move the break and clutch levers around no biggie, but does it hurt breaking?

seadoo650
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
They did'nt just spin them around. They put the fork bottoms on the opposite sides. Flipped them I guess. I don't think it would hurt anything but in my experience when this is done it changes the way it handles for the worse. It feels like you have to hold the front from wanting to turn on it's own versus when normal you can let go of the handlebars when moving and it goes straight. I would switch them back to normal.

3wheelintim
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
huh maybe I will get it runnin .

seems like it holds me ok I just want to do slow wheelies on it anyways.

OscarMeyer I wish I was closer to you I would def give you the cash to do all that.

what size chain do I need for that .

any 3 wheel mechs on here from florida?

Curtis-Tecate3
08-06-2009, 11:36 PM
I am not sure if you already have the bike or just posted pics of it but here is what I see right away. Likey it is a 1985 model based on the blue seat however it seems to have been recovered so it might be an 84, either way they are essentially the same. I am not sure what pipe is on it but for sure it is NOT a Bassani. The axle is stock with axle spacers added. Carb looks stock. The forks flipped to leading axle bothers me, I would immediately flip it back. No front brakes, probably because the line wouldnt reach after the forks were flipped. Rear brakes have a different fluid resevoir which may or may not work. Left footpeg appears to be missing. The missing chain doesnt bother me (unless the engine case is cracked).

What really worries me is the complete lack of engine mounts..........Oh, and that cylinder head is not from a 200X either.

Sorry if it seems like I am picking it apart but I just want to make sure you know what you are getting into.

Curtis.

oscarmayer
08-07-2009, 07:05 AM
huh maybe I will get it runnin .

seems like it holds me ok I just want to do slow wheelies on it anyways.

OscarMeyer I wish I was closer to you I would def give you the cash to do all that.

what size chain do I need for that .

any 3 wheel mechs on here from florida?

heck, send the motor and I'll do a top end and clutch redo on it and replace the oil seals for ya. shopping s maybe $40 each way.