PDA

View Full Version : 350X left upside down... what should I do before starting?

350x'inNY
07-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Ummm... don't ask! I'm not too amused, actually quite embarrassed. :oops:

I rode my bike up to my brother-in-laws this morning for him to weld my rear skid plate back on. With those Ohstu 903 racing tires and loss of ground clearance the brackets broke off the swing arm.

Sooooooo... I took off the gas tank for him and ran off to school. I assumed he'd prop it up to weld the brackets back on, or lift up on his hoist. Assuming was bad....

I went up there when I got back from class and he had the bike entirely upside down, wheels straight up.

Engine oil had leaked out of the crankcase breather tube.

MY QUESTION IS>>>>> When I flip it back on it's wheels, what should I do before I try to start it?

Thanks again!
Bruce

NOS_350X
07-28-2003, 05:40 PM
put oil back into it and run it being upside down shouldnt hurt it. When motercycles are upside when you ride you push them back over let the oil set to the bottom and start her up.

Xowner
07-28-2003, 05:41 PM
wow some ppl just dont think i would flip it over let it set for a coulp hours check and refill oil then turn the switch off and pull the spark plug and kick it over a 3 or 4 times and check the top end for oil threw the cap like the other fellow said then if its got good oil up their i would think trailprotrailpro fine right? reason for pulling the plug is so its easy to turn it over