PDA

View Full Version : spark problem?

redrider99
08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I dunno how else to explain it to here it goes. After running the bike for 20 25 mins it all of a sudden starts to act like its running out of gas but thats not it. I take out the plug its a little black around the edge but in the middle its brown as it should be but when i check the fire it seems to be sometimes a little weak and sorta bouncing around a bit in the end gap. Aslo it did spark when it was being rolled over could it be storing a charge? how cold i check the electical to make shure the coil isn't bad or heating up and then not working properly...Thanx for any help hope it makes some sence ..

fabiodriven
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Red Rider?!?! Oh no!!!!!!!

It's tough to say from yur description, but if the spark is jumping around or not consistent, it might be fine. I have had machines that you could barely see the spark, or it jumps around like you say, but it runs fine. If I were you I would hold the plug in your hand, kick it over, and if it shocks the hell out of you, spark is not yur problem.

chrisand4
08-02-2009, 10:46 PM
If you haven't already, get a new plug and see if the same problem happens. May just be a bad plug.

redrider99
08-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I compared it to a new plug and there wasnt much difference. It just started die'in out on me like bogging and stuff. when we was comparing plug it sent a charge threw the plug when it wasnt being rolled over I have never seen this before in my life if was like the plug had a charge in it and when it touched the head bolt it sparked don't seem right to me. I can put in a new plug and it will work fine but it seems to be goin threw plugs alot it's not normal.

fabiodriven
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
If you're consistently fouling plugs, you may have a jetting issue.

Erics350x
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
First off, what kinda bike are we talking about?

It sounds like a clogged petcock or tank cap vent to me.

redrider99
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Its not fouling the plug its just running for a period of time 1/2 hr to 1hr and then all of a sudden it will go from running great to bogging and no power plug its brown in the middle not wet at all. Its like spark is getting bad when its run over a period of time and starts producing a weaker spark or something cuz the jetting is right and its getting fuel/air mixture right its just cutting out after its be running over a period of time. It sparked when it wasnt being rolled over i dont even know how thats possible but it happened. why I dont know but i'am thinkin the bogging and loss in power is something to do with thr elctrical system

redrider99
08-02-2009, 11:04 PM
The bike is a '85 250R runnin plug is a Br8es

Erics350x
08-02-2009, 11:09 PM
A clogged fuel vent, petcock or trash in the carb could cause those symtoms and wouldn't foul the plug. If it where a spark problem, the plug would most likely be wet.

redrider99
08-02-2009, 11:22 PM
So its more of a coinsidence then anything. I will pull it all aprt tomorrow and check it out maybe put in a inline fuel filter from the take to the carb to