PDA

View Full Version : DG Radial heads for the YT125 & YT175

old-yellow
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I am looking for info on aftermarket DG heads made for the YT125 & YT175 or if anyone has any pictures of them please post them up. Thanks, Alex

Here's the ad I have about them.

Vealmonkey
07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I have an old DG catalog, you should see all the things they have in there. Also they had a conversion for the yt engine. But I can't just give out all the good info, that would take the fun away from doing searches and finding out things on ones own. I've been searching for things like this for awhile now and have several feelers out in different places and no luck on a find. And you know some of the goofy things I have and have had. I haven't found one yet. I do have a set of DG heads for an rd350 engine though. There were other companies that made aftermarket heads also. You have to do alot more searching.

old-yellow
07-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Come on Veal please spill the beans I have been looking all over the Internet and in old magazines for anything to do with YT trikes, I have a lot but I can't seam to find out anymore, it don't help that my computer is so old that I have windows me with netzero so if there's pictures I have to wait ten minutes to see them, anyways what conversion for the YT engine are you talking about.

Thanks, Alex

Dirtcrasher
07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
^ That would be like a girl removing her clothes on the 1st date, what fun is that :rolleyes:

Wait, what did I just say?? :lol:

old-yellow
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
^ That would be like a girl removing her clothes on the 1st date, what fun is that :rolleyes:

Wait, what did I just say?? :lol:

Thats funny:lol:

bansheejoel
08-01-2009, 07:10 AM
hell, i was so pumped they still make aftermarket reeds for my yt125 lol. Im still looking for a bassani pipe...........Im thinking about doing a front end like yours, thats so badass. What is it off of?

Vealmonkey
08-01-2009, 09:22 AM
A Bassani pipe did you say, for the 125 or the 175? You know they are 2 different pipes? I know where a 125 Bassani is with only 20 or 30 hours ride time on it and I have a nos Bassani for a 175. You really need to switch your trike over to a 175. Also you need to get a yt175 front end for your trike and bolt that on for some suspenion. Unless you are really adventerous and you have a 200 front end laying around, they you just need to put the 125 stem on that and put the 200 front end on. You need to get working on that trike man.

bansheejoel
08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
A Bassani pipe did you say, for the 125 or the 175? You know they are 2 different pipes? I know where a 125 Bassani is with only 20 or 30 hours ride time on it and I have a nos Bassani for a 175. You really need to switch your trike over to a 175. Also you need to get a yt175 front end for your trike and bolt that on for some suspenion. Unless you are really adventerous and you have a 200 front end laying around, they you just need to put the 125 stem on that and put the 200 front end on. You need to get working on that trike man.

I was thinking about a pipe for the 125 but now you have me thinking.....lol. I would LOVE to find a 175 front end but shipping is gonna kill me! You know anyone who has the 175 parts to convert it over? thanks

Vealmonkey
08-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I have some of the parts, but not all of them. I've helped others on here with parts and such also. I hooked old yellow up with all kinds of stuff, he is a great guy and goes out of his way to help others. I can't help but give him a hard time on occasion since he is such a good guy and doesn't mind a little good natured ribbing. Post a want ad in the classified section and see what you come up with. Most people on here will not try and rip you off on shipping so if it's the only way that you have to get the parts, then I guess it's the only way. We've all had to pay shipping, it's just part of the deal. Unless you are lucky enough to live close to someone who has the bits and pieces for you. I've gotten lucky and had both, but it shouldn't be so bad.

ironchop
08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
i saw this thread and chuckled...oddly enough a local racer old guy buddy of mine has a dg radial head sitting on his garage shelf..monday i picked it up and asked if it was one of those dg oddysey heads...he says "No,its for a Yamaha"....it had a dome about the size of a125...yellow anodizing...i'll ask him more about it and try and snap a pic...grumpy old fella who covets his things so dont ask me if he'll sell it or get all excited yet...I will see what I can find out and report back

old-yellow
08-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks Ironchop for you help.

old-yellow
11-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I have an old DG catalog, you should see all the things they have in there. Also they had a conversion for the yt engine. But I can't just give out all the good info, that would take the fun away from doing searches and finding out things on ones own. I've been searching for things like this for awhile now and have several feelers out in different places and no luck on a find. And you know some of the goofy things I have and have had. I haven't found one yet. I do have a set of DG heads for an rd350 engine though. There were other companies that made aftermarket heads also. You have to do alot more searching.

I was wondering if anyone had information on the YT engine conversion that Veal was talking about.
Thanks, Alex

cox
11-11-2009, 01:56 AM
im also interested in hearing about it....

Vealmonkey
11-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Well, it used to be at one time that you could send your piston and cylinder to DG and they would port it. But DG would do some magic if you sent them your parts and then massage one of their radial heads to your newly massaged cylinder and piston. But you should know by now that you can use an it175 piston and cylinder and have some pretty radical port sizes and port timing. Now if you had the it175 piston and cylinder ported, then you would really have something, but it would be pretty much top end only. So to have a nice perky 175, you basically just need an it175 piston and cylinder and just smooth and blend things up a littly and you will have a nice and healthy yt175. And about the only way to take advantage of it is to use all the manual shift parts from the it175 in the yt175 cases. And you can still keep the pull start.

Racerguy381
11-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Funny, I have a friend that owns a shop and has a ton of toys. Everything is either ported or big bores or even ported big bore strokers I.E. KX 500 punched stroked an ported to a 640. Anyways he did the IT175 conversion on his YT. Of course its ported and running a massive amount of compression. He also built his own pipe from a few he had lying around. Point is the thing hauls if you can manage to keep it in control or from flipping you off the back lol.