PDA

View Full Version : 250sx in stepside Ranger

Honda_Dude
07-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey, I'm driving almost 2 hours tomorrow to pick up a 250SX. I have a utility trailer but the tires are old and I don't have a spare. My truck is an '01 Ranger 4x4 but it has the stepside bed. I'm going to do some measuring and check the specs on here but I think it would be tight or not fit. I'm thinking if I have to I could remove the rear wheels ?????? and then it should fit.

As I said I'm going to check the specs to see what the width is but I thought I'd post here and maybe someone would have a tried & true method.Anyone ever hauled an SX in a stepside Ranger ???? Or do you know the width of a 250SX with the rear wheels off ??? Thx

joshco84
07-27-2009, 08:25 PM
i think it will fit but might be tight. depends on the tires.

Honda_Dude
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks, I just took some measurements. My bed is only about 42" wide (has a bedliner also) and about 70" deep (and still close tailgate). The specs show the length at 70.3" and the width at 41.7". LOL, that makes it fit in there like a sardine. BUT then it shows a wheelbase of 46.3". WTF ???

I would think width would be ... well the width .... but wheelbase is wider than the width ??? It appears I may have to take off the wheels but seems as it should fit one way or another, eh?

So I think I'll head out without my trailer unless someone sees something I don't ?

Those wheels should come off easy enough ?? Four nuts ?? I'm new to trikes.

Thanks again and maybe TF 2010 here I come LOL !!!

Lukeatc185
07-27-2009, 10:02 PM
put the tailgate down and put the bike on an angle. use a couple rachet straps.

atctim
07-27-2009, 10:05 PM
BUT then it shows a wheelbase of 46.3". WTF ???

I am thinking you don;t understand what a wheel base measurement is.

Look at the trike from the side. The wheel base would be center of front axle to center of rear axle.

Got it? Good.

BTW - I think it will fit in there. My friend has a stepside ranger and we were looking at it the other day discussing hauling ATVs.

Name Brand
07-28-2009, 02:31 AM
It should just fit in the bed. I remember my SX on it's factory tires would slip between the wheel tubs on my '98 Ranger. If it doesn't fit in the stepside; just leave the back tires on the tailgate and strap the machine down. I usually leave my parking brake on and put it in first gear too. If you decide to pull the rear tires off, it's a 17mm nut. You may find a star type lug wrench with that size on it, so much easier than getting a socket wrench in there.

Eventually you could put a flatbed on with toolboxes and tiedowns; have a real nice setup for hauling toys and gear.

Honda_Dude
07-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys. DOH!!! I can't believe what I was thinking. You're right. I've always thought about wheelbase being side to side for some reason, makes sense now. Looks like it will just fit then. COOL!!!!!!!!

CRAZY70MAN
07-28-2009, 05:44 AM
My 200x fits in my 99 stepside ranger?? I also have a bedliner. You can always take some stacked 6x6 or 4x4 peices of wood and lift one side of the trike at an angle, it will fit then for sure I would think if it were a matter of inches? Good luck.:lock:

daniel_250r
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
my 200 big red fits in the back of the gmc canyon just have to let some air out of the tires and force the tail gate shut

DeePa
07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
youll be fine

Honda_Dude
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
just unloaded it, gave $150, inside gas tank looks GREAT !!! handlebars bent, front brake handle missing, SUPPOSEDLY has a stuck exhaust vale....top end is disassembled. It's not locked up, cylinder looks GREAT !!!! When I get some time, I'll get 'er goin...for now here are 3 "just unloaded" pix if they work. Later

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/Four_Trax/DSCF0408.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/Four_Trax/DSCF0407.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/Four_Trax/DSCF0406.jpg

harryredtrike
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
you stole that baby.good pick up