PDA

View Full Version : Brakes still dont work.

Kerick
07-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok so i bled my brakes totally and they still dont work. Maybe there is something i did wrong idk but i really need help. Before i new how to get the pistons back my dad said to empty some of the fluid out of the bolt that holds the line to the caliper. Wrong. Then i came here and got the advice to pull the pads and use a C clamp to push the piston back. Then i bled the brakes. Still nothing Please help me.

Dirtcrasher
07-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure if any more posts can straighten it out online......

It's one of those things thats easy, but hard and once you know whats going on - it's chicken......

You could be overlooking something that someone else may see in an instant!

You need help - we both know this. I don't know WHERE in NY you are but we have numerous members in NY that have done brakes and can help you see whats going on. I'm sure if you can get it to another members house you'll gain a friend and some understanding.

Throw up a post and see who's closest to you where you could stop by or something......

rdlsz24
07-25-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree it's an easy process but kinda hard to explain in words. You said you had watched a video though so that should help. Not sure what you could be doing wrong.

Rob

1985BigRed250ES
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
maybe a bad master cylinder? or caliper?

07-25-2009, 10:46 PM
remove reservoir lid make sure it's full of fluid, and try just pumping brake handle continuously with bleeder and line tight, sometimes this gets a bit of pressure, then you can bleed

Yamaha_Rules69
07-25-2009, 10:49 PM
You can also try bleeding it from the line where it goes into the resovoir at the top. Like the above post said, pump the hell out of the lever, hold it there, and crack the valve. Never let go of the lever when you crack the bleeder, cuz' it will let air into the line, then you have to start back from square one.

Dirtcrasher
07-26-2009, 01:27 PM
One of the toughest things with these little masters is that they barely build up any pressure. You pump an pump and it dribbles out the bleeder :lol: If you don't close that bleeder fast enough your letting air back in......

At least with auto's you can build up some decent pressure and see fluid rip out of the bleeder.