PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x restored! will be delivered tomarrow to owner.

oscarmayer
07-13-2009, 08:14 PM
ok here's the 200x I spend tons of time restoring. and here's the break down of work and parts.

chasis:
rear bearings replacement
repair rear wheel gappings (was really loose due to wobbled out spacers and nuts)
repair and repaint rear swinger
repair rear break caliber (was leaking and loose)
replace chain and both sprockets with o-ring setup
purchase and repaint front sprocket cover (he did not have one)
replace swing arm bolt and bearings (new bolt and bearing and spacer setup as his were trashed)
replace front wheel bearings
clean wet sand and repaint parts of frame in engine area that were scratched up badly with factory honda paint

engine (performace top end rebuild):
remove clean, wet sand and repaint bottm end
weiso 12:1 1mm over bore piston setup
bored and honed jug to match piston
web stage-2 can
web hardneded rockers
new valves
basic valve job and seating
carb rebuild and rejetting for break-in (lean down low and richer up top for force rpm differentate till broken in)
repaint all top end (had some blasted sone wet sanded but all repainted)
basic top gasket replacement
replaced all engine oil seals

adjusted clutch and breaks
cleaned and polished plastics

Hope you guys like it!

Kerick
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
looks great!

leevarnado
07-13-2009, 08:34 PM
looks real good.

MonroeMike
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
That turned out real nice.

dcreel
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
How does the silencer sound and what is it off of?

oscarmayer
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
thanks guys!

actually not certain on the silencer. it came with the trike. It actually looks liek it was taken from a ATV of some sorts as there are a 2nd set of mountings half way up the muffler itself but do not fit the 200x frame. so it leads me to think it's off some sort of quad. maybe a trx?
it sounds nice and is extremely responsive. it's like Blam when you take the throttle. it's so fast on responce!

Dammit!
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Looks like a 250r silencer. Hard to tell from that angle but they do have those lower mounts like that.

rdlsz24
07-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks good. Does it start pretty easy? I just put a Wiseco in mine and it takes a bunch of kicks to get it started. And I don't like kickers.

Rob

harryredtrike
07-14-2009, 12:48 AM
very nice,looks sweet

oscarmayer
07-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Looks good. Does it start pretty easy? I just put a Wiseco in mine and it takes a bunch of kicks to get it started. And I don't like kickers.

Rob

it seems to me on these 4 strokes higher comp pistons do tend to take longer to kick over. plus withthe tuning i have it set at, i'm pretty sure it's also probebly part tuning.

it needs about 2 sizes larger pilot jet and is running a 110 main, but I think it's probebly going to end up with a 115-118 main.

you probebly are NOT gettting enough fuel at start.
set the needle at the bottom pin to give it most fuel and turn the mix screw in and adjsut to 1+1/4 - 1+1/2 turns out.

oscarmayer
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Looks like a 250r silencer. Hard to tell from that angle but they do have those lower mounts like that.

DAMMIT! you got it! ;)
yea i think your right, it does look like a 250r muff.