PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Hoses Tri Moto 175

reveal
07-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. Last fall I bought a Tri Moto 175 and rebuilt it. It was missing the hoses that come off the little black plastic piece off the right side of the engine. I was wondering if anyone could look at their machine for me and tell me where they go. Thanks.

Louis Mielke
07-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Those hoses are probably for the auto oil injector. Most people take the hoses off and empty or remove the oil bottle as they aren't the most reliable things in the world.

old-yellow
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
The smaller one goes to the right side of the carburetor and the bigger one runs to the oil tank, but if I was you I would just block it off and run premix.

reveal
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I premixed just in case, but the oil injection seems to running fine. The hoses I am talking about are not the ones that come out from the oil injector pump cover area. This little piece on the engine case is further back near the front of the rear right wheel. There is 2 small hoses coming out of it, and yes, one is larger.

Vealmonkey
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
That is a collection point for unburnt oil vapors and such. You are suppose to clean that out periodiacally as all kinds of nasty stuff will gather in there and it will get quite gooey. Also make sure to clean it out when ever it becomes submerged in water in case water and mud gets in there.

reveal
07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Great so you know what I am talking about! Thats half the problem solved, now I just need to know where hoses connect to.

Vealmonkey
07-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Officially from the Yamaha shop manual, you should have an overflow drain on your carb, that is where it runs into. Then you should have a vent line that runs from the "overflow tank" which is it's official name, up to the "open tube" which should be in the backbone of your trike. Does that help you?

reveal
07-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Yes, thank you very much. I just finished it up and took it for a ride. Never been on one before, it is a lot of fun. Now I have to adjust the clutch so I can wheelie!

MonroeMike
07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the board.