PDA

View Full Version : tri z to yz conversion

hondatrike0
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
ok everyone ,iv been working on my top secret project..
its done finnaly minus jetting. heres what i did. i scored a ypvs power valve motor and put it in my tri z. i scored a tri z that was blown beyond repair. it threw a rod through the case and was pretty much destroyed it was 100.00 dollers. i bought a go cart for 75 dollers and traded for a yz250 that the rear end was apart other than that it ran. i used the motor,pipe mount, and all the electrics. it bolted directly in. i still have the stator and all the lights to put on it for night rides and best of all it smokes my buddies tri z with a long rod kit and all the mods. its almost unrideable with the snap and hit it has, but im setting it up for tt. i need to score some 8 inch tt or dirt track tires and im ready to race. if anyone is interested in doing this hit me up. this is a cheap simple fix rather than trying to score another tri z motor. it works great. still cant believe it works. i still used the fuel pump and everything. so everyone knows i have about 6 hours tottal with the engine swap and mods needed to to make the fuel pump work. im thinking i have a tacati chassis in my yard and a kx125 engine huummm. i have also been working on my 85 250r to 85 cr500 conversion though it has been much more work. hopefully that project will come to an end by the end of summer.

techmaster330
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
lets see some pics man