//ArrowChat Code
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Time to see what all the Tecate hype is about?

--
    It's been a long time since I've seen such a thorough build thread. Thanks for keeping us updated, great work
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've seen such a thorough build thread. Thanks for keeping us updated, great work
    What you said.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    What you said.
    Thanks guys! I hate it when I’m reading through an old build thread, and when you get to the last post, there is no conclusion. Either, they ran out of money, lost interest, or something else. In any case you’re left hanging, wondering what ever became of it. So I strive not to do that.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Looks absolutely sick!

Nice work!
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

--
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas250rr View Post
    Looks absolutely sick!

Nice work!
    Thanks vegas! It's good to see you on here again.

--
    I got together with mr tecate last night for dinner, and to watch a Lakers game, followed by a Clippers game. I brought him some of his parts, off of his Tecate, that he wants to get polished (footpeg wideners, rear grab bar, airbox vent, & gas cap). In exchange, he had some freshly powder-coated parts for me, for his Tecate, as well as some 3/16" rivets to put the silencer back together. All of his Tecate parts were powder-coated years ago, when this adventure first began, so this small batch was for things that had changed or were modified during the build. The main item, which was the headlight mounting bracket, needed to be re-powder-coated, because it was modified (welded on) to work with the BVC, inverted fork kit. Then it was modified yet again (welded on) to add a bracket to it for a key switch. Also in the parts lot were, the footpegs, BVC front fender, adapter bracket, and an aftermarket KX250 shift lever, which was lengthened to work on the Tecate.

--
    A little more progress as of late, as well as a slight setback. All of the powder-coated parts (footpegs, modified shifter, headlight bracket, & front fender adapter) have been re-installed, and the silencer was riveted back together. The polisher swung by and dropped off all of the freshly polished parts (rear grab bar, footpeg wideners, airbox vent, counter-shaft sprocket guard, & billet gas cap) that he had for a few weeks, and then he left with the silencer, so it could be polished as well. The new airbox lid was cut, to accept the airbox vent, and the vent was riveted to the lid. A front brake line guide was added, and the front brake was bled. A Blue Line decal kit was purchased, and a few of the decals have been installed, as well as some decals for the front fork protectors. And with any luck, the new seat cover will be ready on Monday.

And now for the setback. As I began adding anti-freeze to the radiators, I started to see some drips on the floor. At first it appeared to be coming from the front, cylinder head nut, but then (much to my relief) I noticed it dripping off of the radiator hose, going from the cylinder head, to the left radiator. The clamp is tight, so it must be a hole in the radiator hose. No biggie, just another expense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airbox Lid2.jpg   Footpegs1.jpg   Fork Protectors3.jpg   Grabbar2.jpg  

--
    We got the new seat cover back from CEET Racing Products. We sent CEET, the original seat pan/foam, and had them install the new seat cover on it. The green portion of the seat is a typical vinyl, while the remaining black portion is "gripper" style vinyl. We are very pleased with the looks of the new seat cover, and have nothing but good things to say about CEET Racing Products work, craftsmanship, and attention to detail.

Because the carburetor/airbox is such a pain to install even 1 time, we didn't want to take it on & off multiple times, while jetting the carburetor on this thing, so we decided to get a UNI clamp on air-filter for the jetting process. And hopefully (fingers crossed), the jetting specs will transfer over, and work nicely with the airbox setup. While we await the arrival of the new radiator hoses, hopefully I will be able to button up a few little details, such as the fuel line routing, inline fuel filter placement, & a few other odds & ends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R Fender.jpg  
    Last edited by Red Rider; 05-04-2024 at 09:44 PM.

--
    Mr Tecate stopped by tonight, and we got a some work done on his Tecate. To protect the new rear fender plastics, from the hot exhaust pipe, we added some reflective heat tape, to the underside of the fenders. After test fitting the rear fenders with the new seat cover installed, of course we had to take a few glamour shots. We also got the fuel line routing & fuel filter location figured out.

Mostly though, we stood around, drank beer, and admired how she is turning out. Oooohhh she is gonna be sexy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tecate5.jpg   Tape.jpg  
    Last edited by Red Rider; 05-07-2024 at 03:55 AM.

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesomeness!
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    We received the new, aftermarket, '85 KX250 radiator hoses a few days ago. Most of the hoses needed some trimming on 1, or both ends, to fit properly, as is usually the case with aftermarket, silicone hoses. The new hoses are installed, all of the clamps are tight, and the radiators have been topped off with coolant, and so far, there are no leaks. Mr Tecate also picked up a new silicone hose for the radiator-to-overflow tank line, as the original one was a bit short for how we wanted it routed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoses.jpg   Hoses1.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //